Restart your Windows computer It is perhaps the most popular way to fix any temporary system errors, as well as being very simple. This feature is extremely important and can be useful on certain occasions when you have to resort to extreme solutions. You can even have control knowing the exact time and date of the last reboot of your PC.
Sometimes a Windows bug or glitch can block a specific method, forcing you to take another route. To help you in these cases, below we will show you all the ways to restart a Windows PC.
Restart your computer through the Start menu, the most traditional method
The easiest and most popular way to restart a Windows computer is through the Start menu. These are the steps you must follow to do it:
- Click on the icon Start on the taskbar.
- Alternatively, you can press the Win key to open the Start menu.
- Now click on the power icon in the lower right corner of the menu.
- In the menu that will expand next, select the option Restart, and ready.
Ctrl + Alt + Delete to the rescue
Another way to restart a Windows PC is through the menu Ctrl + Alt + Delete This is probably your best option if the Start menu isn’t working. For this, you will only have to do the following:
- Hold down the keys Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the options screen.
- Then click the Power icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and select Restart. Your PC will reboot immediately.
Use a keyboard shortcut to restart your PC
You can also easily restart your computer by accessing the Shut Down Windows dialog box, using one of the most popular keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- press Win + D on your computer keyboard to quickly navigate to your desktop.
- Now press the keys Alt + F4 simultaneously to open the Shut Down Windows dialog box.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the option Restart and click on the button To accept.
How to restart your PC using the power user menu
The Windows Power User menu provides quick access to some of the most important features and utilities. Among them, it allows you restart or shutdown your Windows PC. To restart your computer using this method, you will need to:
- Right-click on the Start button or use the keyboard shortcut Win + X to access the **Power User** menu.
- Choose Shut down or sign out.
- Now click on Restart.
- As soon as you do this, your PC will reboot.
Create a shortcut on your desktop to restart Windows
You may be using shortcuts on your Windows desktop for faster access to your apps, files, and folders. But, Did you know that you can also create a shortcut to restart your computer? It’s actually quite simple to set up:
- Beam right click anywhere on your desktop.
- Select the option New.
- Then click on Direct access.
- In the Create Shortcut window, type the command shutdown -r -t 00 in the text field and click Next.
- Assign the name of your preference for the shortcut and click To finalize.
- Now you can restart the pc by double-clicking on the shortcut.
Now you know several ways to reboot your Windows PC, and the best of all is that whatever you choose and fast and very easy to execute.
#ways #restart #Windows